Subscribe for our flash reports and investment alerts, it’s free
Investors show more and more interest in secondary markets
Hotel assets continue to grow. Thus shows the analysis of the average value per room of 152.000 euro in last year’s purchase operations, based on the report Marketbeat Hospitality by Cushman & Wakefield.
According to the report, prepared through a survey of 100 hotel chains present in Spain, because of the rise of prices in prime areas such as Madrid and Barcelona, investors are more and more looking at secondary destinations, both urban and touristic areas.
16% more operations € 120.000-150.000
The number of operations of purchase of hotel assets between € 120.000 and € 150.000 per room rose by 16% last year, from 29% of the total number of operations in 2017, to 45% last year. The operations between € 60.000 and € 120.000 per room on the other hand decreased from 43% to 33%. This is a clear signal of the continuous growth of prices within the sector.
18% of all operations involved prices above € 150.000 per room, 5% less than in 2017, and the transactions under € 60.000 covered 6%, 1% less than the year before.
No more new hotels in Barcelona centre
The rising prices in Barcelona has an additional explication: the new hotel regulation in the city. Since it’s impossible to open a new hotel in the city centre, the actual prices go up. And the transformation of offices into hotels, fashion boutiques and other are becoming less interesting, because of the same regulation.
The rise of prices makes investors look at new destinations such as Zaragoza, Cádiz, Córdoba and Granada, or regions such as Costa Blanca (Alicante) and Costa Trópical (Granada). These are areas that may produce higher profits, which becomes harder very time in for example Barcelona.
The report also states that the large-scale operations of complete hotel assets in the last years, for example by Blackstone or Atom, will not be repeated this year, because investor are more busy organizing their portfolio and selling non-core assets.
Do you have questions about this article? Please let us know.
Are you interested in buildings in Spain for sale, market information or to ask us your question, please see the links hereunder.
Our offer Buildings For Sale in Spain
When you are interested in buildings, hotels and plots for sale in Spain, you are welcome to visit:
- Residential Buildings for sale in Spain
- Office & Co-working Buildings for sale in Spain
- Hotels for sale in Spain
- Plots for sale in Spain
Download for free our Flash Reports
Let us know if you want to receive periodically our Info Graphics and Flash Reports. Examples:
- Prices Barcelona, euros/m2 per district
- Hotel Investments Spain, +700% in five years
- Student Housing Spain, not enough rooms
- Office trends Spain: A-class, Co-working & International
Suscribe for our flash reports and investment alerts, it’s free.
Do you want to invest in Spain?
Do you want more information?
Visit our offices at Rambla de Catalunya 25 in Barcelona or Principe de vergara 73 in Spain.
Call us at 0034 93 215 12 23
Or mail us to email@example.com
We will anwer you within one working day